Bodhi SereniTEA is a wonderfully soothing tea with delicate, earthy and floral notes. Touches of lemon and spearmint give a delightful freshness to the palate.
Made with 100% certified organic chamomile, spearmint, lemon verbena, lavender and lemon balm.
Herbal teas are a perfect accompaniment to your yoga and meditation lifestyle. Enjoy these teas before or after a nourishing yoga and meditation practice. The therapeutic qualities of Bodhi Organic Teas may enhance your health and wellbeing when incorporated on a daily basis. Enjoy the variety of flavours.
Benefits of Bodhi SereniTea Calming Organic Tea
- Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) has been used for centuries for its wonderful calming properties. Chamomile helps ease nervousness and relieve anxiety, along with inducing restful sleep. Chamomile is also beneficial for alleviating morning sickness and nausea, heart burn, wind, and inflammatory conditions.
- Spearmints (Menthe spicata) main active compound, menthol, has a soothing and calming effect which can help relax nerves and muscles in the body. Spearmint can also help calm digestive issues such as upset stomachs, excess wind and indigestion.
- Lemon verbena (Aloysia citrodora) is another lovely calming herb used by herbalists to treat people with chronic anxiety. It helps relax the mind and body. Traditionally lemon verbena is also used to ease gastrointestinal complaints including indigestion, cramping and bloating. This beneficial herb also contains plenty of protective antioxidants which help reduce the effects of oxidative stress on the body.
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is a lemon-scented herb and member of the mint family. It contains volatile (essential) oils citronellal and citral A and B, which are known to have sedative properties. Lemon balm is beneficial for treating insomnia and anxiety related conditions, due to lemon balms calming and sedative effect on the nervous system. Lemon balm is also used for nervous digestive complaints, such as relieving stomach cramps, wind and nausea, due to its muscle relaxing properties.
- Lavender (Lavandula officinalis) with its beautiful soothing aroma, has a sedative effect on the body aiding relaxation and helping induce sleep.